Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Game

Come and play a while with me, my friend –
Games are free; I’m yours on lend.
We could try things out and see –
Let’s see just how you look on me –
Then, just like that, we’ll turn away
A true love lasted just one day.

You’d think a day would be alright
A few short hours, sunrise to night
But no! Eternity within in our hearts
Gets weary soon of these false starts
Summer tears can last through fall…
Deep roots of pain outlast it all.

Sorry, friend, I tried to play along
To match your voice in this stupid song
But the lock and latch imbedded deep
Now I’m convinced you’re all I need
Until another comes along
To try on me another song.

The music starts; now soft and low
You beckon me to come below
It takes all of me to turn away
(Torture greets me in your face!)

Arousing prematurely is something we do well…
I should have looked into your eyes before the darkness fell.

Come and play a while with me, my friend
Can we forget in our world of pretend?
We could try things out and see…


We could try things out and see…



Painted smile is all that’s left of me.

No comments: