Friday, February 29, 2008

Thinkin Clear

Darkened dance floor
How can I refuse?
Your outreaching hand is too inviting.
A junkie heart like mine will open wide to any fix.

Together but lonely
I'm sorry
I don't want to take any more of your time.
Time. Time.
Dragging on....
We're keeping time
The dim light dances shadows across your face
And mine too, I'm sure
And we can't see.
Not really.
But we feel... yes!
The rhythm below, aching, beating...

The rhythm.

A toast! From one member of the trade to another.

Dizzing, this day to night business
I'm keeping lonely count
Yet my laughter fails to scare away the ghost of sunset past
The grey old-person ache
Of trying so hard to love you
Eyes sparkling, but not for me
Mine turn away.
Spinning, spinning, always spinning...
Head, feet, always spinning.

Leave the dancing to the others
It's the rails for me
Cold new rhythm to help me keep count
Till the end of these merciless days.


Do you see?
Face to the wind...
Do you see?
Not hiding anymore
Do you see me?
See?

See.


~*~*~*~*~*~

I am still falling, love.

1 comment:

Square-Peg Karen said...

found you over at Twitter - thru a search of "outsider" - I can dig a vagabond Jesus!! love your words!! Great heart! and HELLO...a theology of WELCOME --hell yea!!!